Monday, September 2, 2013

My Current US World Championships Team

With the National Championships come and gone (I missed day 2 and just watched it yesterday) and World Championship selection camps coming up soon, I wanted to share who I believe will be competing in Antwerp.  I am basing this off of performance at Classics, Nationals, as well as what the selection committee is looking at, "results from the P&G; Championships; hit consistency and results from past international and national; competitions; D-scores for difficulty, and E-scores for execution; consistency; medal; potential; composition of individual strengths among the team members; readiness to; compete; etc." (via. USA Gymnastics

Simone Biles (AA):  I feel as though this is kinda obvious.  2013 US National Champion.  She has shown that she can come back from a bad meet and posted above the magical 60 in all around competition this year and has improved with every competition.  A lot of people have high expectations for her first major international competition, myself included, and will be one to watch come Worlds.

Peyton Ernst (UB/BB):  Peyton is the only member of my team that other people disagree with.  Although she struggled at nationals, I believed she has proved herself during her previous international assignments earlier this year (she was a part of the European tour team and competed at the Tokyo World Cup, making her relatively experienced compared to the rest of those invited to the Selection Camp.  when she hits, she has a stellar beam routine, and a above average bar routine, with beautiful lines that stand out in domestic competitions.  I believe she fills a hole in this team better than anyone else in the selection process.               

McKayla Maroney (VT/FX):  Another who is potentially a lock.  Her vaulting is superior to everyone in the world, and while I always thought she was a great floor worker, I really LOVE her routine this year and all of her upgrades.  She is the big favorite in the vault EF, and I think she really can factor in on floor.

Kyla Ross (AA):  Another lock, Kyla is in the running for the AA title.  Although she doesn't have huge difficulty, her picture perfect execution makes up for it 100%.  I personally can't wait to see her in her first World Championships! 

No comments:

Post a Comment